“ Innovation, Breakthrough , Quality of Life for Health”
Golden Biotechnology Corporation (GBC), founded by Mr. Sheng Yung, Liu in 2002, is an leading and innovative drug discovery and evidence-based healthy food supplement manufacturing company dedicated to enhancing lives by developing high quality products that prevent and treat diseases.
GBC’s main focus is on new drug R&D, IP right, pharmacology, toxicology and clinical studies. GBC also has successfully built up the screening platforms to identify bioactive compounds from traditional Chinese herbal medicine that includes more than 480 kinds of local plants, 1300 species of fungi, mushrooms and seaweeds.
Throughout 2002-2005, around 400 drug candidates were obtained from these screening platforms. Based on our own core chemical database, the ubiquinone-like structure of Antroquinonol® was actually discovered in 2006 during drug development. The pharmacology and toxicology of Antroquinonol® have been established along with the CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls) development and large-scale cGMP manufacturing of Antroquinonol®.
Antroquinonol® has applied for compound structure , preparation and indications patents worldwide. Antroquinonol is the smallest anticancer molecule isolated from Antrodia camphorata thus far. The ubiquinone-like structure of Antroquinonol exhibits a broad spectrum of activity against malignancies in vivo and in vitro. In 2013, Antroquinonol® was approved of Phase II clinical trial research on NSCLC by U.S. FDA and Taiwan FDA. In 2015, Antroquinonol® received the Orphan Drug Designation (ODD) in treatment of pancreatic cancer (#14-4608), acute myeloid leukemia (AML) (#15-4763) and hepatocellular carcinoma (#15-4881). TFDA also authorized Antroquinonol® Phase II clinical trial of Antroquinonol in Patients with Hypercholesterolemia and Hyperlipidemia in 2015. In 2017 European Commission (EC) has also granted orphan drug designation to Antroquinonol for treating pancreatic cancer.
We are pleased to have received FDA acceptance for our IND application in 2017 to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of Antroquinonol in combination with SOC(standard of care ) Dugs in First Line Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer. It is inferred that patients with early-stage pancreatic cancer will be able to enroll in this upcoming clinical trials.
Golden Biotechnology Corporation has set up subsidiaries in the US, Japan, China, Korea and Singapore and built up the PIC/S GMP certified facilities in order to enhance the collaboration and well prepared to meet multiple clinical trials and future market demands for the worldwide market.
- European Commission has granted Antroquinonol orphan medicinal product designation for treatment of pancreatic cancer.
- New Drug Hocena for treating of cancer and hyperlipidemia won National Innovation Award in Taiwan.
- Golden Biotechnology Hocena Surpassed Expectations on NSCLC Phase II /Stage 1 Trial
- GoldenBiotech’s research shows Antroquinonol modulates the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease.
- SupplySide West 2015
US Patents of Antroquinonol®
- 1.(Mar. 11, 2008 ) US 7,342,137 B1 Cyclohexenone compounds from Antrodia camphorate and application thereof
- 2.(Jun. 10, 2008) US 7,385,088 B1 Compounds from Antrodia camphorata
- 3.(Aug. 12, 2008) US 7,411,003 B1 Inhibition of hepatitis B virus by cyclohexenone compounds from Antrodia camphorate
- 4.(Nov. 25, 2008) US 7,456,225 B1 Liver protection compounds of the cyclohexenone type from Antrodia camphorata
- 5.(Dec. 23, 2008) US 7,468,392 B1 Anti-fatigue cyclohexenone compounds from Antrodia camphorata
- 6.(Mar. 10, 2009) US 7,501,454 B2 Cyclohexenone compounds from Antrodia camphorata to treat autoimmune diseases
- 7.(Aug. 7, 2012) US 8,236,860 B2 Inhibition of the survival of pancreatic cancer by cyclohexenone compounds from Antrodia camphorata
- 8.(Nov. 13, 2012) US 8,309,611 B2 Methods and compositions for treating lung cancer
- 9.(Feb. 11, 2014) US 8,648,117 B2 Methods and compositions for treating cancer metastasis