Antrodia camphorata (AC) is a rare medicinal fungus that grows naturally inside the Cinnamomum kanehirae tree trunk, an endemic native tree species of Taiwan.
Antrodia camphorata (AC) is well- known in Chinese word as , Niu-chang-chih or Niu-chang-ku . For nomenclature , currently it goes by the names Antrodia camphorata or Antrodia cinnamomea or Taiwanofungus camphoratus.
AC is a precious traditional herbal supplement that shows several pharmacological effects that include the inhibition of proliferation and growth in cancer cells, the inhibition of the inflammatory response, the anti-oxidant and free-radical scavenging activities, and the prevention of hepato-toxicity.
Antrodia camphorata (AC) has long been used as a traditional remedy and a cancer preventative herbal supplement in Taiwan for a long history of time . AC is rich in flavonoids, terpenoids, polyphenolics, and polysaccharides. The known main bioactive compounds found in AC are as follows: Polysaccharides, Superoxide dismutase (SOD), and Triterpenes.
Cultivation GoldenBiotech uses a unique solid state fermentation process to cultivate Antrodia camphorata to ensure that the highest quality and consistency is achieved .
Not only are all of the process under CMC control, but AC is also the base for discovery of the bioactive compound.
AC v.s. Reishi (Lingzhi)
- European Commission has granted Antroquinonol orphan medicinal product designation for treatment of pancreatic cancer.
- New Drug Hocena for treating of cancer and hyperlipidemia won National Innovation Award in Taiwan.
- Golden Biotechnology Hocena Surpassed Expectations on NSCLC Phase II /Stage 1 Trial
- GoldenBiotech’s research shows Antroquinonol modulates the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease.
- SupplySide West 2015
US Patents of Antroquinonol®
- 1.(Mar. 11, 2008 ) US 7,342,137 B1 Cyclohexenone compounds from Antrodia camphorate and application thereof
- 2.(Jun. 10, 2008) US 7,385,088 B1 Compounds from Antrodia camphorata
- 3.(Aug. 12, 2008) US 7,411,003 B1 Inhibition of hepatitis B virus by cyclohexenone compounds from Antrodia camphorate
- 4.(Nov. 25, 2008) US 7,456,225 B1 Liver protection compounds of the cyclohexenone type from Antrodia camphorata
- 5.(Dec. 23, 2008) US 7,468,392 B1 Anti-fatigue cyclohexenone compounds from Antrodia camphorata
- 6.(Mar. 10, 2009) US 7,501,454 B2 Cyclohexenone compounds from Antrodia camphorata to treat autoimmune diseases
- 7.(Aug. 7, 2012) US 8,236,860 B2 Inhibition of the survival of pancreatic cancer by cyclohexenone compounds from Antrodia camphorata
- 8.(Nov. 13, 2012) US 8,309,611 B2 Methods and compositions for treating lung cancer
- 9.(Feb. 11, 2014) US 8,648,117 B2 Methods and compositions for treating cancer metastasis